Friday, October 29, 2010

Comfort for the day

I started reading a little booklet titled Grief, Finding Hope Again, by Paul  David Tripp.
I'll share some of the words that I read today.
Death is a cruel indicator that the world is broken; it's not functioning according to God's original design.
It makes us long to live with the Lord in a place where the last enemy~death~ has been defeated.
(1 Cor. 15:26)

You are not alone in death. One of the names of our Savior is Emmanuel ~ God with us.

Psalm 46:1 God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.

The Lord of light is your friend in darkness.
The Lord of life stands beside you in death.
The Lord of hope is your companion in despair.
The Prince of Peace supports you when no peace can be found.
The God of all comfort waits faithfully near you.
The source of all joy is close when death has robbed you of all joy.

His name is Jesus, and I know that he weeps with me.

2 comments:

  1. Erica, this is wonderful!! I love what you are doing and know God is going to use it....you are a woman of God whom I admire so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bless your heart, Erica. You are a blessing ~

    Rejoicing In Him, Patrizia

    ReplyDelete